- Neil Chaturvedi. (2012). “Democracy, Oil, or Religion? Expanding Women’s Rights in the Muslim World.” (with Orlando Montoya), forthcoming in Politics and Religion.
- Peter Miller. “Redistricting Commissions in the Western United States." (with Bernard Grofman), forthcoming in the UC Irvine Law Review. (2012). “Voting by Mail and Turnout in Oregon: Revisiting Southwell and Burchett.” American Politics Research, vol. 40, no. 6.
- Michelle Peria and Stanley R. Bailey. (2014). “Re-making Racial Inclusion: Combining Race and Class in Brazil’s New Affirmative Action.” Forthcoming in Journal of Latin American and Caribbean Ethnic Studies.
- Meyer, David S. and Amanda Pullum. Forthcoming. “The Social Movement Society, the Tea Party, and the Democratic Deficit.” In Democratizing Inequalities: Pitfalls and Unrealized Promises of the New Public Participation, edited by Caroline W. Lee, Michael McQuarrie, and Edward T. Walker. New York: NYU Press
Meyer, David S. and Amanda Pullum. Forthcoming. “The Tea Party and the Dilemmas
of Conservative Populism.” In Understanding the Tea Party Movement, edited by Nella
Van Dyke and David S. Meyer. Ashgate: Surrey, UK
- Cuffe, John. “Paradise Lost: Autonomy and Separatism” in A. Pavkovic and J.P. Casteban (Eds.), Secessionism and Separatism in Europe and Asia: To Have a State of One’s Own, New York: Routledge, 2012. With David Siroky.
- Edwin Amenta, Beth Gharrity Gardner, Amber Celina Tierney, Anaid Yerena, and Thomas Alan Elliott, “A Story-Centered Approach to the Newspaper Coverage of High-Profile SMOs.” Research in Social Movements, Conflict, and Change 33 (2012): 83-107
- Francesca Polletta, Pang Ching Bobby Chen, Beth Gardner and Alice Motes. “The Sociology of Storytelling.” Annual Review of Sociology 37(2011): 109-130.
- Gronke, Paul, and Peter Miller. “Voting by Mail and Turnout in Oregon: Revisiting Southwell and Burchett.”
Sowers, Elizabeth. 2012. “Population.” In Encyclopedia of Globalization, edited
by George Ritzer. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press
- Polletta, Francesca; Chen, Bobby; Gardner, Beth: and Alice Motes. 2011 “The Sociology of Storytelling” Annual Review of Sociology. 37:107-28
- Byrd, Scott C. and Lorien Jasny 2010. Transnational Movement Innovation and Collaboration: Analysis of World Social Forum Networks. Social Movement Studies: Journal of Social, Cultural and Political Protest 9(4). Reprinted in Smith, Jackie, Scott C. Byrd, Ellen Reese, and Elizabeth Smythe (eds). Handbook on World Social Forum Activism. Boulder, CO: Paradigim Publishing, June 2011.
- Miller, Peter, Forthcoming 2011. “Torture Approval in Comparative Perspective.” Human Rights Review.
- Peria, Michelle. Forthcoming 2012. “Megachurches.” In G. Ritzer (ed.) Encyclopedia of Globalization. Wiley-Blackwell
- Bandelj, Nina, Kristen Shorette, and Elizabeth Sowers. Forthcoming 2011. “Work and Neoliberal Globalization: A Polanyian Synthesis.” Sociology Compass.
- Sowers, Elizabeth. Forthcoming 2012. “Population.” In G. Ritzer (ed.) Encyclopedia of Globalization. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Peter Miller, "Postmaterialism and Social Movements" in the forthcoming Blackwell Encyclopedia of Political and Social Movements; coauthor Political Science and Politics. (Vol. 43, No. 3), "U.S. Public Opinion on Torture, 2001-2009
- Paul Gronke, Darius Rejali, Dustin Drenguis, James Hicks, Peter Miller and Bryan Nakayama “U.S. Public Opinion on Torture, 2001–2009”PS: Political Science & Politics, Volume 43, Issue 03, July 2010, pp 437-444
- Nina Bandelj and Elizabeth Sowers, 2010 Economy and State: A Sociological Perspective. Malden, MA: Polity Press
- Kristin Monroe, Adam Martin, and Priyanka Ghosh, "Politics and an Innate Moral Sense: Scientific Evidence for an Old Theory? Political Research Quarterly, September 2009;
- Kristen Monroe, Adam Martin, Bridget Portman and William Chiu, "What is "Political Psychology?" Perspectives on Politics, Volume 7, Issue 04, December 2009;
- William Chiu and K. Monroe, ³Gender Equality in the Academy: The pipeline problem.² (2010) PS: Politics and Political Science 43 (April): 303-308.
- William Chiu, International Norms Change in Refugee and Asylum Policy 1600-2008² in
- International Norms and Cycles of Change, (ed.) Wayne Sandholtz. New York: Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Christopher Stout and Reuben Kline, “I’m Not Voting for Her: Polling Discrepancies and Female Candidates” Political Behavior (Forthcoming)
- Katie Furuyama and David S. Meyer, “Sources of Certification and Civil Rights Advocacy Organizations: The JACL and NAACP and Crises of Legitimacy,” Mobilization (forthcoming, March 2011).
- Alexander, A.C. (2009) With Welzel, C. "Measuring Effective Democracy: The Human Empowerment Approach." World Values Research 1: 1-34.
- Matt Barreto, Sylvia Manzano, Ricardo Ramirez and Kathy Rim. "Mobilization, Participation, and Solidaridad: Latino Participation in the 2006 Immigration Protest Rallies." Urban Affairs Review (42) January: 736-764.
- Roberto Belloni and Bruce Hemmer. "Bosnia and Herzegovina." In Civil Society and Peacebuilding (working title), edited by Thania Paffenholz. Boulder: Lynne Rienner. (Forthcoming 2009).
- Bruce Hemmer. "The Democratization of Peacebuilding: Democratic Exposure and the Politically Participatory Ideology of Peacebuilding NGOs in Northern Ireland and Bosnia." Research in Social Movements, Conflicts and Change. 29 (2009): 71-111.
- Reuben Kline. "How We Count Counts: The Empirical Effects of Using Coalitional Potential to Measure the Effective Number of Parties." Electoral Studies (forthcoming).
- Reuben Kline and Bernard Grofman. "Evaluating the Impact of Vice Presidential Selection on Voter Choice." Presidential Studies Quarterly (forthcoming).
- Michelle Peria, David Snow, James Stobaugh, Jimmie Bany. "A Team Field Study of the Appeal of Megachurches: Framing, Identifying and Solving Personal Issues." Ethnography. Vol 10 (23): 463486.
- Kathy H. Rim. "Racial Context Effects and the Political Participation of Asian Americans." American Politics Research (Forthcoming 2009).
- Kathy Rim. "Latino and Asian American Mobilization in the 2006 Immigration Protests." Social Sciencve Quarterly (Forthcoming)
- Alexander, A.C. (2008). "The Gender Gap in Parliamentarian Support for Reproductive Rights: Comparisons across Western Europe." Graduate Symposium on Democracy and Its Development, Center for the Study of Democracy"s Monograph Series G08-01, University of California Irvine.
- Alexander, A.C. (2008). With Monroe, K.R., Ozyurt, S., Wrigley, T. "Gender Equality in Academia: Bad News from the Trenches and some Possible Solutions." Perspectives on Politics 6: 215-233.
- Natalie Masuoka, Louis DeSipio, Christopher Stout. 2008. "Asian American Immigrants as the New Electorate: Exploring Turnout and Registration of a Growing Community" Asian American Policy Review Vol. 17, No.2
- Nhu-Ngoc T Ong. & David S. Meyer. “Vietnamese-American Protests in Orange County: 1975-2001.” Journal of Vietnamese Studies. February 2008.
- Janelle Wong, Kathy Rim, and Haven Perez. 2008 "Latino and Asian Protestant Churches and Conservative Politics in the United States" In Civic Hopes and Political Realities: Immigrants, Community Organizations and Political Engatement, edited by S. Karthick Ramakrishnan and Irene Bloemraad. New York: Russell Sage Foundation Press. p.271-299.
- Alexander, A.C. (2007). "Empowering Women: The Role of Economic Development, Political Culture and Institutional Design in the World's Societies." Center for the Study of Democracy's Monograph Series 07-11, University of California Irvine.
- Catherine Corrigall-Brown and Fred Wein. 2007 "Regional Inequality" in Social Inequality in Canada, 5th Edition. Edited by James Curtis, Edward Grabb and Neil Guppy. Scarborough, Ontario: Prentice Hall, Allyn, and Bacon.
- James Fowler, Bernard Grofman and Natalie Masuoka. “Social Networks in Political Science: Department Attractiveness and Ph.D. Placement, 1960-2002.” PS: Political Science and Politics.. 40(4).
- Michael Jensen and Alladi Venkatesh. “Government Websites and Political Engagement: Facilitating Citizen Entry into the Policy Process.” Proceedings of TED Conference on e-Government: Enhancing Public Administration Back Offices. Ed. Barbara Thönssen et al. Linz, Austria: Trauner Verlag.
- Michael Jensen, James N. Danziger, and Alladi Venkatesh. “Civil Society and Cyber Society: Community Associations and Democratic Politics.” The Information Society. Vol. 23, No. 1.
- Jane Junn and Natalie Masuoka. “Identities in Context: Racial Group Consciousness and Political Participation Among Asian American and Latino Young Adults” Applied Developmental Science Forthcoming.
- Natalie Masuoka. “Political Attitudes and Ideologies of Multiracial Americans: The Implications of Mixed Race in the U.S.” Political Research Quarterly.Forthcoming
- Natalie Masuoka. “Defining the Group: Latino Identity and Political Participation.” American Politics Review Forthcoming.
- Natalie Masuoka, Bernard Grofman and Scott Feld. “Ranking Departments: A Comparison of Alternative Approaches” PS: Political Science and Politics. 40(3).
- Natalie Masuoka, Bernard Grofman and Scott Feld. “The Production and Placement of Political Science Ph.D.s, 1902-2000” PS: Political Science and Politics. 40(2): 361-366.
- Natalie Masuoka, Bernard Grofman and Scott Feld.. “The Political Science 400: A 20 Year Update” PS: Political Science and Politics. 40(1): 133-145.
- Kathy H. Rim. 2007. "Model, Victim, or Problem Minority? Examining the Socially Constructed Identities of Asian-Origin Ethnic Groups in California's Media" Asian American Policy Review (16) June.
- David A. Snow, Rens Vliegenthart, and Catherine Corrigall-Brown. 2007 Forthcoming. "Framing the French Riots: A Comparative Study of Frame Variation" Social Forces.
- Andrew Drummond, "Electoral Volatility and Party Decline in Western Democracies: 1970-1995." Political Studies. Forthcoming, 2006.
- Russell J. Dalton, & Nhu-Ngoc T. Ong. Authority Orientations and Democratic Attitudes: A Test of the “Asian Values” Hypothesis. In Citizens, Democracy, and Markets around the Pacific Rim: Congruence Theory and Political Culture, ed. R. J. Dalton and D. C. Shin. Oxford, Great Britain: Oxford University Press.
- Bruce Hemmer, Paula Garb, Marlett Phillips and John Graham. 2006. "Putting the "Up" in Bottom-Up Peacebuilding: Broadening the Concept of Peace Negotiations." International Negotiation Journal. 11 (2006): 129-62.
- Lindsey Lupo and David Meyer. "Assessing the Politics of Protest: Political Science and the Study of Social Movements." In The Handbook of Social Movements, Conny Roggeband and Bert Klandermans. Springer Press, Forthcoming.
- Natalie Masuoka. “Together They Become One: Examining the Predictors of Panethnic Group Consciousness Among Asian Americans and Latinos.” Social Science Quarterly. 87(5): 993-1011.
- Nhu-Ngoc T Ong. Four Generations of Vietnamese: Support for Democracy and Market Economy. In The Future of Development in Vietnam and Challenges of Globalization: Interdisciplinary Essays, ed. Hans Stockton. Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen Press.
- Steven Weldon. "The Institutional Context of Tolerance for Ethnic Minorities: A Comparative, Multi-Level Analysis of Western Europe." American Journal of Political Science, v50:2, 2006 Forthcoming.
- Catherine Corrigall-Brown and David Meyer. "Anti-War Coalitions in an Era of Globalization". Mobilization: An International Journal of Research. Forthcoming 2005
- Russell J. Dalton, & Nhu-Ngoc T. Ong. Civil Society and Social Capital in Vietnam. In Social Modernization in Vietnam, ed. G. Mutz and R. Klump. Hamburg, Germany: IFA
- Russell J. Dalton, & Nhu-Ngoc T. Ong. “Authority Orientations and Democratic Attitudes in East Asia: A Test of the “Asian Values” Hypothesis.” Japanese Journal of Political Science.
- John Ensch and Rein Taagepera. “Institutional Determinants of the Largest Seat Share.” Electoral Studies. Forthcoming 2005.
- John Ensch and Anthony McGann “Two Rival Models to Explain the Introduction of Proportional Representation Electoral Systems” Political Studies Forthcoming 2005.
- Michael Latner “Geographical Representation Under Proportional Representation” forthcoming in Electoral Studies.
- Natalie Matsuoka and Daniel HoSang. "Political Potential: Asian Americans, California Politics and the Recall Election." in Clicker Politics: Essays on the California Recall. ed. Shaun Bowler. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall. (Forthcoming, 2005).
- Natalie Masuoka and Louis DeSipio. "Opportunities Lost? Latinos, Cruz Bustamante and California's Recall," in Clicker Politics: Essays on the California Recall. ed. Shaun Bowler. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall. (Forthcoming, 2005).
- Nhu-Ngoc T. Ong “Four Generations of Vietnamese: Support for Democracy and Market Economy.” In Vietnam: Development Futures and Globalization, ed. Hans Stockton. Edwin Mellen Press. Forthcoming 2005.
- Nhu-Ngoc T. Ong. And Dalton, Russell J. “Authority Orientations and Democratic Attitudes in East Asia: A Test of the “Asian Values” Hypothesis.” Japanese Journal of Political Science. Forthcoming June 2005.
- Steve Weldon. "Downsize My Polity?: Impacts of Size on Party Membership and Member Activism." Party Politics (Forthcoming 2005).
- Steven Weldon. "Public Images of Political Parties: A Necessary Evil?" (co-author), reprint in West European Politics (Forthcoming 2005).
- Steve Weldon. "Is the Party Over? Spreading Antipathy Toward Parties." (co-author), Public Opinion Pros, May 2005 (reprinted by The Comparative Study of Electoral Systems).
- Steven Weldon. "L'immagine dei partiti politici nell'opinione pubblica: un male necessario?" (Public Images of Political Parties: A Necessary Evil?) (co-author), Rivista italiana di scienza politica, v34, n.3: 2004.
- Lindsey J.H. Lupo 2004. The 1965 and 1992 Los Angeles Riots: The Changing Role of Commission Politics. California Politics and Policy: A Journal of the Pat Brown Institute of Public Affairs 8(1):69-85.
- Matthew Cardinale "Triple-Decker Disenfranchisement: First-Person Accounts of Poor, Homeless Ex-Felons Who Lost the Right to Vote." October 2004. Report Submitted to The Sentencing Project.
- Matt Barreto, "Latino Immigrants at the Polls: Foreign-born Voter Turnout in the 2002 Election," Political Research Quarterly (2004) 57.
- Matt Barreto (and Mara Marks and Nathan Woods). "Harmony and Bliss in LA? Race and Racial Attitudes in a Decade after the 1992 Riots," Urban Affairs Review (2004) 39.
- Matt Barreto (with Harry Pachon and Frances Marquez). 2004. "Latino Politics Comes of Age in the Golden State." In Rodolfo de la Garza and Louis DeSipio, eds. Muted Voices: Latino Politics in the 2000 Election. New York: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Matt Barreto, Gary Segura and Nathan Woods, "The Mobilizing Effect of Majority-Minority Districts on Latino Turnout" American Political Science Review (2004) 98(1): 65-76.
- Matt Barreto and Richardo Ramirez, "Minority Participation and the California Recall: Latino, Black and Asian Voting Trends, 1990-2003" PS: Political Science and Politics (2004) 37(1): 11-14.
- Catherine Corrigall-Brown, "Identity and Activism" in Youth Activism: An International Encyclopedia. Edited by L. R. Sherrod, R. Kassimir and C. Flanagan. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Company.
- Catherine Corrigall-Brown (with David Snow and Sharon Oselin). 2004 "Identity" in G. Ritzer, ed. The Encyclopedia of Social Theory. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Catherine Corrigall-Brown (with David Snow). 2004. "Why Frames Sometimes Fall on Deaf Ears: The Problems of Misalignment, Scope, Exhaustion, and Relevance". In Hope and History: Essays in Honor of William Gamson.
- Michael Jensen (with James Danziger), "Political Science and HCI," in William Bainbridge, ed. The Encyclopedia of Human-Computer Interaction. Great Barrington, MA: Berkshire Publishing Group, 2004.
- Michael Jensen, "Information Technology and Competitive Academic Debate," in William Bainbridge, ed. The Encyclopedia of Human-Computer Interaction. Great Barrington, MA: Berkshire Publishing Group, 2004.
- Lindsey Lupo. "The 1965 and 1992 Los Angeles Riots: The Changing Role of Commission Politics." California Politics and Policy (June 2004).
- Michelle Peria. “Olha, eu vou ouvir a sociedade, eu vou fazer política, eu vou me apresentar, eu vou me mostrar? Nunca tive essa finalidade.” O público e o privado, n. 3, jan./june
- Deana Rohlinger and David S. Meyer. "Framing Abortion Globally: Transnational Framing of Access to Abortion in the United States, England, and Ireland." U.S. Women's Movement in a Dynamic and Global Perspective, Lee Ann Banaszak editor. New York: Rowan and Littlefield Publishers.
- Matt Barreto and Jose Munoz. "Reexamining the ‘politics of in-between': Political Participation among Mexican Immigrants in the United States," Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences (2003) 25: 427-447.
- Matt Barreto. "National Origin (Mis)identification among Latinos in the 2000 Census: The Growth of the ‘other Hispanic or Latino' Category," Harvard Journal of Hispanic Policy (2003) 15: 39-63.
- Catherine Corrigall-Brown (with Fred Wein). "Regional Inequality" in James Curtis, Edward Grabb and Neil Guppy, eds. Social Inequality in Canada. Scarborough, Ontario: Prentice Hall, Allyn, and Bacon, 2003.
- March Harper. "The 2001 Parliamentary and Presidential Elections in Bulgaria." Electoral Studies (2003).
- Steve Recchia (Russell Dalton and Robert Rohrschneider). "The Environmental Movement and the Modes of Political Action" Comparative Political Studies (2003) 36: 743-771.
- Deana Rohlinger (and David Snow). "Social Psychological Perspectives on Crowds and Social Movements," in John DeLamater, ed. in Handbook of Social Psychology. (Klewer-Plenum).
- Matt Barreto (and Harry Pachon). "Latino Politics Comes of Age in the Golden State." in Latino Politics and the 2000 Election. eds. Rudy de la Garza and Louis Desipio. Boulder: Westview Press, 2002.
- Matt Barreto (and Nathan Woods). "Latino Voting Behavior in an Anti-Latino Political Context." In Diversity in Democracy: Minority Representation in the United States. eds. Gary Segura and Shaun Bowler. Charlottesville: University of Virginia Press, 2002.
- Sharon Lean. "When Truth is Not Enough: A Survey of Reparations to Victims of Human Rights Violations in Latin America." In Politics and the Past: On Repairing Historical Injustices, John Torpey, ed. Rowman and Littlefield/University of Toronto Press, 2002.
- Sharon McConnell Lean. "Aiding Democracy Abroad: The Learning Curve, Funding Virtue: Civil Society Aid and Democracy Promotion." Journal of Latin American Politics and Society 44:1(Spring 2002)155-161.
- Nhu-Ngoc Ong (Russell Dalton, Pham Minh Hac, and Pham Thanh Nghi). "Social Relations and Social Capital in Vietnam: The 2001 World Values Survey" Comparative Sociology (2002); Reprinted in Ronald Inglehart, ed. Human Values and Social Change: Findings from the Values Surveys. Leiden: Brill, 2003; translated and reprinted in Nghiên cúu Con Nguòi (2002) 2: 27-42.
- Steve Recchia (and Rein Taagepera). "The size of second chambers and European assemblies," European Journal of Political Research (2002).
- Deana Rohlinger. "Countermovement and Media Coverage Outcomes: A Case Study of the Abortion Debate," Sociological Quarterly (2002).
- Deana Rohlinger. "Eroticizing men: Cultural influences on advertising and male objectification," Sex Roles: A Journal of Research (Summer 2002).
- Steven Weldon, "Review of Parteiorganisation im Wandel" German Politics and Society (Fall 2002): 116-122.
- Matt Barreto (and Alejandro Esparza). The Impact of Eliminating Racial and Ethnic "Preferences" at the University of California in 2000. Claremont, CA: The Tomás Rivera Policy Institute, 2001.
- Miki Caul. "Party Rules and the Representation of Women," Journal of Politics (2001).
- Miki Caul (and Katherine Tate). "The Effects of the Blanket Primary on Women Candidates". In Bruce Cain and Elisabeth Gerber, eds. California's Blanket Primary. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2001.
- Rachel Cichowski. The Institutionalization of Gender Equality for Europe. In A. Stone Sweet and W. Sandholtz, eds., The Institutionalization of European Space. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001.
- Andrew Drummond ( Russell Dalton and Wilhelm Buerklin). "Two Faces of Democracy: Public Attitudes toward Representative and Direct Democracy" Journal of Democracy (October 2001).
- Andrew Drummond (Russell Dalton and Wilhelm Buerklin). "Zwei Gesichter der Demokratie: Repräsentative versus 'direkte' Demokratie," in Max Kaase and Hans-Dieter Klingemann, eds. Wahlen and Wahler: Analyzen und Anlass der 1998 Bundestagswahl (Opladen: Westdeutscher Verlag, 2001).
- Anthony Salvanto (and M. Wattenberg). "Split-Ticket Voting in the Open Primary" In Bruce Cain and Elizabeth Gerber, eds, California's Open Primary. (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2001).
- Miki Caul (and Mark Gray). "The Decline of Election Turnout in Advanced Industrial Democracies," Comparative Political Studies (2000).
- Miki Caul and Mark Gray. "From Platform Declarations to Policy Outcomes: Changing Party Profiles and Partisan Influence over Policy," in Russell Dalton and Marty Wattenberg, eds. Parties without Partisans: Partisan Change in Advanced Industrial Democracies. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000.
- Rachel Cichowski. "Western Dreams, Eastern Realities: Support for the EU in Central and Eastern Europe," Comparative Political Studies (2000).
- Marcus Harper. "Economic Voting in Post-Communist Eastern Europe," Comparative Political Studies (December 2000).
- Lina Newton. "Why Some Latinos Supported Proposition 187: Testing the Economic Threat and Cultural Identity Hypothesis." Social Science Quarterly, March 2000.
- Anthony Salvanto (with Martin Wattenberg and Ian McAllister). "How Voting Is Like Taking an SAT Test: A New Look at Rolloff" American Politics Quarterly (2000)
- Rachel Cichowski. Gender and Policy in Comparative Perspective. Women & Politics (1999).
- Rachel Cichowski. "Integrating the Environment: The European Court and the Construction of Supranational Policy." Journal of European Public Policy, 5 (1999): 387-405.
- Sharon McConnell. "Haciendo que funciona el capital social: organizando a la sociedad civil para el desarollo local," Sociedad Civil (1999) vol 3.
- Miki Caul. "Women's Representation in Parliament: The Role of Political Parties". Party Politics. (January 1998).
- Miki Caul. "Structures of Imperialism and the Exploitation of Women and Children in the Philippine 'Entertainment Industry'" (and Robert Youngblood) Pilipinas: A Journal of Philippine Studies 26 (Spring 1997): 121-143.